Computing and IT
At All Hallows IT Department, we aim to give our pupils a curriculum that is broad, balanced and relevant. We want to promote a love for learning and enquiry, as well as making IT engaging and relevant to the real world. We strive for our pupils to learn and master skills which will help them understand and IT of yesterday, today and the future.
- We aim to create engaging lessons that promote teaching for understanding of computational thinking rather than covering fragmented content.
- We aim to teach the pupils the KS3 National curriculum and use a logical order of objectives providing insights into both natural and artificial systems
- We aim to group topics so they are in a sequenced and logical order; a spiral idea where topics have a natural progression in order of increasing difficulty and understanding.
- We aim to have a bigger focus on digital literacy in each topic so pupils are able to use IT as active participants in a digital world both within IT and also other school subjects.
- We aim for pupils to be able to use, express themselves and develop ideas at a level suitable for the future workplace.
Mrs D Grannell - Head of Department
Mrs K Adesugba - Teacher of Computer Science
Miss L Buckley - Teacher of Computer Science and Business
Careers in IT/ Computer Science