We look forward to welcoming you to All Hallows and to getting to know you over the next 5 years.
We know that starting Secondary school can be a scary time for you and we want to do what we can to help you through the move from Primary to Secondary school. Please don't be scared, You may already have visited us for sports competitions, lessons, enterprise days and other activities,if you have you already know All Hallows is a small friendly caring school and we believe that you will know this from all of your contacts with people here.
We have an excellent pastoral system of care which allows us to get to know and support you very well. Our visitors frequently comment on the spontaneous friendliness and politeness of our pupils and their smart appearance, on the good relationships evident between adults and young people.
To help with Transition our transition mentor Mrs Teasdale visits your school regularly and will be part of the team that attend your introduction assemblies and transition events. You will be invited to a series of events here at All Hallows to help with your transition from year 6 to year 7. By the time you come to us, you will know us well.
You may have already met some of our other staff in your primary school, Mr Reid is the Head of Year 7, you may also have met Mr Sixsmith, Mr Cavanagh, Mr Tomlinson and Mr & Mrs Gilmore during your PE & Sport lessons at your primary school, during competitions or at our Summer School.
Both Mr Reid and Mrs Teasdale will support you through your first year with us here at All Hallows and will welcome you to the Year 7 intake evening in July where you will meet your form tutor and class mates.
What do we expect of you?
- We expect you to represent our school well by always being in full uniform and by looking after your uniform.
- We expect you to be on time for school and to come prepared with a pencil, pen, ruler and anything else you may need.
- We expect you to maintain a high standard of behaviour and to care for your fellow students.
- We expect you to be polite, attentive and ready to learn.
What can you expect of us?
- You can expect a caring staff committed to your care and learning.
- You can expect a comfortable and modern environment.
- You can expect us to support your personal education needs
- You can expect the best education possible.
- You can expect to have fun and make lifelong friends.
Year 7 Intake Evening 2021
Welcome Video 2021
Welcome to your New School
All Hallows’ Virtual Tour
Meet the Pupils
Pupil Transition Booklet
Understanding Transition from Year 6 to Year 7
Helpful Tips for Parents
Starting at All Hallows Checklist
Short Stories to support Literacy /Transition
Life Centre Transition Videos
Take Part Sessions
Take Part: Session One
Take Part: Session Two
Take Part: Session Four
Take Part: Session Six