- About Us
- Catholic Ethos
- Need to Know
- News & Events
- Contact Us
We aim for All Hallows RC Business, Enterprise and Sports College to be a Catholic school to which children wish to come, to which parents wish to send their children, and where teachers wish to teach.
Our Mission is to offer a high quality Catholic education for all, in an environment where Gospel Values are central to teaching and learning, and in which the unique value of each person is recognised and respected.
To develop a wide range of skills for Communication in all its forms for all pupils and encourage the application of them in all contexts.
Objectives for Pupils
- Write for a variety of purposes
- Organise ideas effectively
- Implement conventions of Standard English with accuracy
- Access information
- Read with understanding
- Implement reading strategies independently
- Speak for a variety of purposes and audiences
- Develop conversation and negotiation skills
- Present hypothesise and ideas effectively
- Listen with comprehension / understanding
It is the shared responsibility of all departments, through teaching and learning, to develop, explore and promote opportunities for Literacy development within their subject areas and across the school.
- Ensure continued high profile
- Create INSET / CPD time
- Oversee work / DDP scrutiny
- Liaise with LaC co-ordinator to evaluate impact